Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I Think my Mom is Amazing

Think about a song that has a special meaning to you. On a separate piece of paper, write the lyrics of the song. Next to each verse, describe what the song writer is telling his or her listeners. Use words that create vivid pictures in their mind. When you are done, write a short sentence telling why the song writer probably wrote the song.


Lyrics:
She wakes up early in the morning with a smile-She is telling that her mom wakes up early
And she holds my head up high- Her mom is holding her head.
Don't you ever let anybody put you down- Her mom is saying that no one can put her down.
Cos you are my little angel- Her mom is saying that she is her angel.

Then she makes something warm for me to drink- Her mom makes her a warm drink.
Cos it's cold out there, she thinks-Her mom thinks that it is cold outside.
Then she walks me to school, Yes I aint no fool
I just think my Mom is amazing- The girl is saying that she is not a fool that her mom is amazing.

She makes me feel
Like I can do anything- The girl feels that her mom can make her do anything.
and when she's with me
there's no where else, I'd rather be...- The girl is saying that when her mom is with her, she doesn't want to go anywhere else.

After School, she's waiting by the gate- Her mom is waiting by their gate after school.
I'm so happy that I just can't wait
To get home to tell her how my day went
- The girl is so happy that she can't wait to get home to tell her about how her day was.
And eat the yummy food, only my Mom makes- She also can't wait to eat her mom's food.

Then I wind her up cos I don't wanna bath- The girl doesn't want to take a bath,
And we run around the house with a laugh- so the girl and her mom run around the house laughing.
No matter what I say, she gets her way- Her mom always gets her way, even if the girl says anything.
I think my Mom is amazing- She thinks her mom is amazing.

In the evening, she tucks me into bed- At night, her mom puts her in bed.
And I wrap my arms around her head- The girl wraps her arms around her mom's head.
Then she tells me a tale of a girl far away- Her mom tells her about a girl who lived faraway,
Who one day became a princess- who became a princess one day.

I'm so happy, I don't want her to leave- The girl doesn't want her mom to leave because she is happy.
So she lies in bed with me- The girl's mom lies down in bed with her.
As I close my eyes, how lucky am I- The girl thinks how lucky she is,
To have a Mom that's so amazing- to have an amazing mom.


Then I wake up in the morning, she's not there- When the girl wakes up in the morning, her mom isn't there.
And I realize she never was- Then the girl realizes that her mom was never there.
And I'm still here in this lonely orphanage- The girl is still in an orphanage,
With so many just like me- with other kids that are like her.

And as my dreams begin to fade- Her dreams are starting to go away.
I try hard to look forward to my day- She tries hard to go on with her day.
But there's a pain in my heart that's a craving-She has a pain in her heart that wants something.
How I wish I had a Mom that's amazing- She wishes that she had a mom who was amazing.
Would be amazing

I think that this girl wrote this song so that other people would appreciate that they have moms, and be nice to them.

No comments: